59 Seconds: Change Your Life in Under a Minute Paperback
Author: Visit Amazon's Richard Wiseman Page | Language: English | ISBN: 0307474860
| Format: PDF, EPUB
59 Seconds: Change Your Life in Under a Minute Free PDF
Direct download links available 59 Seconds: Change Your Life in Under a Minute Paperback Free PDF from with Mediafire Link Download Link
"This is a self-help book, but with a difference: almost everything in it is underpinned by peer-reviewed and often fascinating research." — New Scientist
"For all those who are tired of the usual self-help formula--homespun anecdotes, upbeat platitudes, over-the-top promises--Richard Wiseman's 59 Seconds
is just what the PhD ordered." — The Wall Street Journal
"Seemingly perfect for this age of short attention spans and instant gratification." — The Chronicle Herald
"At last, a self-help guide that is based on proper research. Perfect for busy, curious, smart people."
— Simon Singh, author of Fermat's Enigma
“Wiseman is a brilliant name for a psychologist, and this book proves the professor is not misnamed. . . . [59 Seconds
] contains dozens of fascinating and useful nuggets, and they all have science on their side.”
— The Independent
About the Author
is based at the University of Hertfordshire in the United Kingdom and has gained an international reputation for research into offbeat areas of psychology, including deception, humor, and luck. He is the author of The Luck Factor, Quirkology,
and numerous other books. A passionate advocate for science, Wiseman is well-known for his media appearances, high-profile talks, live demonstrations, and mass-participation studies. Wiseman also regularly acts as a creative consultant for print, broadcast, and new media.
See all Editorial Reviews
Download latest books on mediafire and other links compilation 59 Seconds: Change Your Life in Under a Minute Paperback Free PDF
- Paperback: 336 pages
- Publisher: Anchor (December 28, 2010)
- Language: English
- ISBN-10: 0307474860
- ISBN-13: 978-0307474865
- Product Dimensions: 8 x 5.3 x 0.8 inches
- Shipping Weight: 8.8 ounces (View shipping rates and policies)
This is an easy and enjoyable book to read - the kind that you can dip in and out of, picking up interesting tips along the way. For each topic, Wiseman discusses a number of research experiments (both his own and ones done by others) and then gives a number of concrete suggestions on how you can quickly implement these findings (although 59 seconds is often a stretch). And why the title of this review? Because one of the things I learned from reading this book was the fact that if you've just had a caffeinated drink, you are far more likely to be swayed by someone else's opinion!
The book is based on the premise that quick techniques can sometimes be surprisingly effective at helping us to change and explains (based on research studies) which ones work and which don't. Some examples that I found interesting were:
- a simple five day writing exercise that can lift your mood for several weeks
- how to create the perfect plan to achieve almost any goal
- how spending money on experiences is a far more effective way to make yourself happy than spending it on things
- how punching a pillow to relieve anger actually increases your anger, while sitting quietly and thinking about how you benefited from the experience has the opposite effect
- conversational techniques that can build instant rapport on a first date
- exercises to stimulate the unconscious mind that lead to better decision making
- simple tests to assess your child's emotional intelligence.
Like Quirkology: The Curious Science of Everyday Lives, the book also has lots of facts that seem to have been included just because they're interesting.
59 Seconds: Change Your Life in Under a Minute DownloadPlease Wait...